After uploading my data I got the grand total for July - 157 miles! Me? Run 157 miles in one month? Holy shnikes. My thoughts on that real quick...
- If you had told me 6 months ago that I'd be running 157 miles in one month, I would have told you to stick that thought where the sun don't shine.
- Your body really is capable of so much more if you're willing to push yourself.
- Running 5 days per week has resulted in me slacking heavily on my strength training, which I hate. The fatigue from the mileage hit me like a ton of bricks these last two weeks, and my body literally craved sleep. So I listened and slept in on rest days and treated them as true rest days. Still working on trying to find that balance.
- Ice is my friend.
- My knees have always been my nemesis during training, no matter how many miles I run. Obviously with this high mileage they are pretty peeved but are getting a lot of love via ice, stretching, and regular visits to the chiro.
- My husband sees me more in sweaty disgusting running clothes than he does in anything else. And he still loves me. He's a keeper.
- Speaking of my husband, I should send him back to school to be a chiropractor, we'd end up saving a TON of money on doctors visits. Hmmmmmmm...
- I want to eat food and lots of it. LOTS of it.
- If money wasn't a factor, I'd hire a masseuse to live at my house during training. Seriously, foam rolling is practically a second workout.
Despite the aches and pains that come with high mileage, I am loving it! We are a little over two months away from Chicago and training is going to keep getting more intense. I think I can...I think I can...I think I can....